On October 1st, Connect for Health Colorado opened for enrollment, providing small businesses with a new way to shop for, compare, and purchase health insurance that meets your needs and fit your budget. With the new marketplaces open for business, many people will have questions about how the new health care law works and what it means for their businesses. The resources below will help to answer your questions and you can also visit my page on the new health care law.
- I run a small business. What do I need to know?
- Click here to get an estimate on your costs and savings
- WATCH: My town hall meetings on the Affordable Care Act
If you need additional information or assistance, you can contact Connect for Health Colorado or other state agencies who can help:
- Connect for Health Colorado: Call 1-855-PLANS-4-YOU (1-855-752-6749) or visit https://www.connectforhealthco.com/connect/contact-us/.
- Colorado Division of Insurance: To speak with a consumer affairs representative, call: (303) 894-7490 - Consumer Information or (800) 930-3745 - Toll Free if calling from outside Denver metro area or visit https://www.cohealthinfo.com/.
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing: Call 303-866-3513 (Denver Metro area), 1-800-221-3943 (Outside of the Denver Metro area - Toll free), or visit https://www.colorado.gov/hcpf.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses:
These organizations are an invaluable resource for small businesses in our community, so I wanted to be sure you knew how to get in touch with them. I’ll be updating this page frequently with more information, so be sure to check back.
United States Small Business Administration (SBA): The SBA is a federal organization dedicated to providing small businesses across the country the tools they need to compete in the 21st century, global marketplace. From working with over 5,000 banks to help small businesses find capital, to ensuring that 23% of federal contract dollars flow to small businesses, the SBA is a critical resource for start-ups as well as companies looking to grow and expand. Visit them on the web at www.sba.org to talk to one of their 14,000 SBA-affiliated counselors.
General Services Administration (GSA): The GSA procures a range of products and services for use in government facilities and construction projects across the country. Through their Offices of Small Business Utilization, the GSA maintains tools to help small businesses navigate the federal procurement process, and resources to ensure that local business owners know the opportunities available to them through the federal government. Visit them online at https://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21983.
Colorado Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC): Colorado PTAC provides counseling and resources to Colorado small businesses to help them obtain local, state, and federal government contracts. According to PTAC, almost $938 million in federal government contracts will be awarded to Colorado in the next year, and the PTAC is dedicated to helping businesses navigate the process and target the appropriate contracts to help grow their business and support economic activity. Find them online at www.coloradoptac.org/.
SCORE: SCORE is a nationwide nonprofit dedicated to helping Small Businesses at every stage of their development and growth. SCORE’s network of over 13,000 volunteers in a range of fields represent more than 270,000 years of experience and are available to counsel and mentor small business owners as they struggle with personnel, financial, and other logistical headaches. Find a mentor online at www.score.org.
The following organizations are also good resources for local small businesses:
- America's Job Bank
- Commerce Department
- Comptroller of the Currency
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Federal Trade Commission
- Federal Reserve System
- House Small Business Committee
- IRS Small Business
- Occupational Safety and Health Association
- Office of Small Business Disadvantage Utilization
- Securities and Exchange Commission